Posted by Aoi Tea Company on June 26, 2014
Check out our recipe for Matcha Sugar-coated Donuts! A bit challenging but worth the effort.
- 1 1/2 cups of Milk
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable Shortening (substitute lard, butter, or margarine)
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup of Warm Water (95 degrees or so)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Table Salt
- 1/4 cup of White Granulated Sugar
- 4 2/3 cup of All Purpose Flour, plus a bit extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon of Grated Nutmeg
- Enough Canola Oil (or other flavorless oil) to fill your frying vessel with three inches of oil.
- Equal Parts Matcha and Organic Cane Sugar, for coating the donuts.
See the full recipe at http://www.aoimatcha.com/recipes/matcha-sugar-coated-donuts.html
Our Chef's Choice Matcha is perfect for any savory matcha recipes! You can find it at http://store.aoimatcha.com/chefs-choice-matcha/